java support engineer job
Salary: INR 6 to 9 lakhs P.A
Experience: 3 to 7 years
Hiring Company: A Leading CMMI Level5 IT Company
Key Skills Required: Java support background (willing to work in support engagement). open to learn Splunk/AppDynamics.
Java support background (willing to work in support engagement). open to learn Splunk/AppDynamics. Work is mostly L2 and somewhat L3. Project Timing:- 6:30 PM-2:30 AM (Summers); 7:30 PM- 3:30 AM (Winters)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide Product Support for their customers across globe
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve technical issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams based on priority and impact and following-up for rapid resolution
- Meet and exceed Customer Satisfaction, Resolution Time and Response Time SLAs
- Interact with customers via phone, email and web meetings to resolve issues and record interactions in the helpdesk system
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in Product support or Java development in Payment domain Qualified Software Professionals from Premium Institutes in B.E / B. Tech in Computer Science
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Expertise knowledge in Java Application Development and Deployment Hands on experience in working on webservers like Tomcat, Apache etc
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal Technical Skills (Desirable)
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux or similar technologies is a plus Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments, JIRA, GIT etc. Other Skills
- Ability to ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of the problem and provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ability to identify the issue by analyzing the application logs and to quickly reproduce the same in our environment
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time and ensure all issues are properly logged
- Comfortable working in a team, also with members of other teams (Development & QA) when needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, tools and environments.