academic dean job
Salary: INR 20 to 30 Lakhs P.A
Experience: 15 to 20 years
Hiring Company: A Leading National level Private University
key Skills Required: LMS, Online Teaching, UGC Norms
· Proceed with the work as per university rules & regulations & UGC norms.
· Engaging faculty, staff and students in discussions of all important collegiate issues and assuring a positive, high-quality working environment .
· Convening strategic intellectual discussions about future academic directions of departments, centers, programs and the college itself.
· Involve centrally in issues including strategic planning, budget, curriculum, facilities and research.
Required Candidate profile
· Should not be more than 50-55 years of age.
· Preferably should have a PhD degree (in any management subject) from prestigious Institute / University or Masters degree with extensive academic experience
· Minimum 8 years of experience in Academics / Academic Administration at senior level positions in an educational institution with an exposure to higher education system in the country and abroad
· Should be well versed with LMS / Online Teaching & UGC Norms. Can be from University/Edtech/Institute setup .
o Directing and coordinating activities of Online Learning Platform
o Implementation of strategies for ensuring quality delivery of online, hybrid and blended programs
o To devise, build and commission innovative and effective technological solutions on an ongoing basis to effectively counter emerging problems and needs in existing and future programs.
o Lead the development of Online Learning Platform strategies that are aligned with the mission, vision and objectives of the organization.
o To develop a successful model for online and technology enabled learning environment.
o Building consensus across diverse stakeholder groups - faculty, student services, information technology services, marketing, and finance, thereby, setting a strategic direction for the success of the program.
o Responsible for Curriculum design, administration and other academic activities for ensuring a high quality integrated student learning experience.
o Chair and contribute to strategic solutions on issues pertaining to Online Learning Platform and the use of technology in support of teaching and learning.
o Collaborates with Information Technology Services regarding instructional delivery systems, course development software, support services for faculty and students, and provide recommendations as appropriate Client interfacing
o Skill development & management.
o Deployment of products having direct Impact to system wide revenues
o Involved in Implementation of strategic new initiatives which are path breaking and innovative and the cutting edge of education processes
o People Management:- Led, mentored and managed large teams of people over 22 at various levels
both direct and extended
o Monitoring & maintaining high levels of student satisfaction and performance.
o Ensure student quality, faculty quality, delivery quality & smooth education delivery operations
o Drive quality of (completeness, Timelines & correctness of) Education delivery
o Adherence to curriculum design & methodology
o Drive Quality and timely placements
o Recruit, Train, Develop, motivate, manage & recognize faculty
o Faculty productivity & expense management
o Adherence to campus & partner norms - in programs where there is partner involvement
o New Product Implementation
o Track partner - specified compliance
o Conduct academic reviews
o Audit & process compliance
o Visit & support centers
o Faculty contract management