Splunk Admin Engineer job
Salary: 9 L to 15 L P.A
Job Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Experience: 4 to 7 years
Hiring Organization: A Leading IT Firm
Job Post Date: 2020-08-07
Job Expiry Date:- 2020-12-31
Key Skills Required:
- Cluster management
- Configure splunk for various applications and data management systems
- Optimize the historical logs
- Urgency- candidate should join in month
This is a new role within the IT Performance Management team that will report to the Enterprise Monitoring Director.
Responsible for the management and coordination of day-to-day and strategic operations of our log analysis framework to advance the capabilities of our IT organizations which will reduce MTTR and increase our ability to deliver timely data to support business velocity.
This engineering position will collaborate with all functional areas of the IT organization leveraging their experience which will help Gartner drive forward the vision of a highly available, agile, and proactive logging framework that will increase the organizations to make sound data-driven decisions
Ÿ Ensure proper operation and performance of Splunk index cluster, search heads, other backend components, universal forwarders, modules/plug-ins, and connectors.
Ÿ Standardize Splunk agent deployment, configuration, and maintenance across multiple configuration management systems
Ÿ Plan, deploy, test, and document Splunk apps to enable the integration of the other IT Performance Management observability tools
Ÿ Partner with internal IT teams on how to best audit and optimize historically ingested logs
Ÿ Partner with the organizations Operations Center staff to develop SOP’s related to ensure L0/L1 troubleshooting and service availability
Roles and Responsibilities
- experience in deploying Splunkin a large enterprise environment and architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing Splunk.
- Must be able to scope, size, deploy and manage a Splunk on-prem instance for a large enterprise.
- Skilled in Splunk log source integration, use case development and implementation.
- Strong understanding of Splunk configuration files and architecture.
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands.
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations for messaging, hosting and other infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of enterprise applications, servers and network technologies.
- Strong Regex experience and ability to define source types.
- Ability to develop scripts to automate, reduce administrative/maintenance efforts.
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data.
- Ability to establish best practices for monitoring system/application capacity.
In short here are the details:
Location : gurgaon
Skillset inshort : 4-7 yrs experience in splunk admin tasks which include(must haves)
- cluster management
- configure splunk for various applications and data management systems
- optimize the historical logs
Urgency- candidate should join in month